Monday, September 30, 2013

Great customer service pays big

We at Brooks Pressure Washing recently was hired to clean and seal a garage floor that was poured with black concrete. The job was what I consider a small job, wash on one day wait for concrete to dry for three days and seal concrete, maybe 8 hours work . After completing project I waited three days and called the owner .  Usually I would have cheked the work myself but the job was in Virginia. The owner e mailed photos,that showed the concrete was white.I knew I had a problem. Moisture from under the concrete was trapped from escaping the surface due to the sealer that I had applied, or the sealer was bad. Either way I knew that the sealer had to be removed.not an easy job on regular concrete.the job is complicated due to the black pigment in the concrete,special strippers such as soy and citrus based strippers need to be used so as not to damage the pigment. After 2 weeks of cleaning and stripping, and several hundred dollars of product and labor the sealer was finally removed with some of the pigment. The concrete needed to dry for three days. I was hoping  that the sealer that I had used was bad and not the moisture barrier.  since I had damaged the color with multiple cleaners, I had to stain and seal the concrete. Another days work. When I was done I noticed roller marks in the stain which should not be noticed when dry. I hoped . The owner said they would call if they had any problems. I never heard from them, which is good news ,when a job is so dissapointing. But this week I received a phone call from the owner who wanted the exterior of his house cleaned. He also said he would reimburse me for some of my expenses on the concrete.
This story showed me that completing a job no matter the cost will pay in dollars and in customer relations, which will result in more recommendations.
http//:www.nbrookspressurewashing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment